There are many ways you can support New Hope Ministries as we help those in need in our communities.
Be a Volunteer
Every year, almost 3,000 volunteers provide more than 75,000 hours of services to New Hope Ministries! This is equivalent to 33 full time positions!
There are many different ways in which you can volunteer your time at New Hope Ministries:
- Work in our food pantry sorting and packing food
- Pick up food donations or deliver food to shut-ins or homebound guests
- Provide transportation to guests for appointments
- Provide employment or budget counseling to guests
- Make car or home repairs for guests
- Work in our office doing filing, mailings, answering phones or other clerical work
- Help pack and deliver holiday food baskets
- Provide gifts for families during the Christmas holiday
- Assist with the after-school and summer youth programs
- Provide one-on-one tutoring for a child
- Share a talent or skill, such as craft lesson or cooking class with our youth
- Help with fundraising events
- Represent your local church on our Advocacy Council
- Serve on our Board of Directors
Here are our most current volunteer needs:
Click here to fill out our online volunteer application.
Interested in volunteering with our Power Pac Program? Click here for an application.
Interested in volunteering with our Afterschool Program? Click here for an application.
Current volunteers: Click here for the Volunteer Information Center.
Click here to access special volunteer activities at Time to Sign Up.
Make a Donation
While monetary donations are vital for us to provide services to those who are most in need, other types of donations are also important.
- Donate money
- Provide gifts and food for our holiday food baskets and Christmas program
To make a monetary donation, or to donate a car, contact the Development Office at 717-432-2087 ext. 203 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To donate food, please contact your local center.
100 years from now, you can still be giving to New Hope Ministries.
Include New Hope Ministries in your will today, and you’ll create a personal legacy that lasts forever.
Other ways you can provide a gift to New Hope are:
- Make a gift of appreciated stock to New Hope Ministries to avoid capital gains tax.
- Name New Hope Ministries as a beneficiary of your pension plan, IRA, or 401K-retirement plan.
- Name New Hope Ministries as the beneficiary of a new or existing life insurance policy.
- Remember loved ones with memorial and tribute gifts to New Hope Ministries.
- Encourage family and friends to leave gifts to New Hope Ministries in their wills.
There are several possible benefits of these types of gifts:
- Increases the current income for you or others
- Reduces your income tax
- Helps you avoid capital gains tax
- Passes assets to your family at a reduced tax cost
- Allows you to make significant donations to charity
Jeremiah 29:11 Legacy Society
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
The Jeremiah 29:11 Legacy Society is a group of donors who have created a living legacy by remembering New Hope Ministries in their will or other gift. By remembering New Hope in your plans today, you are ensuring that our neighbors in need will continue to be able to turn to New Hope for help in the future.
PLEASE NOTE: This information is prepared for the information of friends and donors of New Hope Ministries. Its purpose is to offer helpful tax and financial planning information. Donors should consult with their professional advisor as to the applicability of any ideas to their own situation.
For more information, contact one of our Gift Officers:
Brent Toomey, Southern Region (Greater Hanover and Dover areas), at 717-432-2087 ext. 206 or email@example.com.
Jeanne Troy, Northern Region (Cumberland County and Dillsburg Area), at 717-432-2087 ext. 204 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsor an Event
New Hope Ministries hosts several fundraising events throughout the year and we depend on sponsors to make them successful. You can also support us by volunteering to help organize the event or by participating in it. These events include:
- 17th Annual Golf Tournament – Friday, September 22, 2017 at 12:00 p.m. at Range End Golf Club in Dillsburg, PA
- Feed-A-Friend Radio Marathon – December 2017
- Walk for Hope – April 30, 2017
If you are interested in sponsoring an event, please contact the Development Office at 717-432-2087 ext. 203 or by email email@example.com.
The New Hope Ministries Scholarship Fund helps local disadvantaged youth and adults break the cycle of poverty by helping them get an education in order to become financially self-sufficient.
You can invest in someone’s future by donating to our Scholarship Fund.
For more information or to make a donation, contact the Development Office at 717-432-2087 ext. 203 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are also a partner agency of the United Way of York County and United Way of the Capital Region, so you can designate New Hope Ministries as the recipient of your contributions through those programs.