New Hope is thankful for the donations and support it receives from an array of individuals, churches, businesses and organizations. We work hard to be good stewards of the resources given to us by the community. In fact, 90% of all donations received go directly to guests through various programs. Click here to view our most recent Annual Report.
There are many ways you can support New Hope Ministries as we help those in need in our communities.
Be a Volunteer
Every year, almost 1,500 volunteers provide more than 58,000 hours of services to New Hope Ministries! This is equivalent to twenty-seven full time positions!
There are many different ways in which you can volunteer your time at New Hope Ministries:
- Work in our food pantry sorting and packing food
- Pick up food donations or deliver food to shut-ins or homebound guests
- Provide transportation to guests for appointments
- Provide employment or budget counseling to guests
- Make car or home repairs for guests
- Work in our office doing filing, mailings, answering phones or other clerical work
- Help pack and deliver holiday food baskets
- Provide gifts for families during the Christmas holiday
- Assist with the after-school and summer youth programs
- Provide one-on-one tutoring for a child
- Share a talent or skill, such as craft lesson or cooking class with our youth
- Help with fundraising events
- Represent your local church on our Advocacy Council
- Serve on our Board of Directors
Here are our most current volunteer needs:
Click here to fill out our online volunteer application.
Between the ages of 16-18? Click here for an application.
Current volunteers: Click here for the Volunteer Information Center.
Click here to access special volunteer activities at Time to Sign Up.
Make a Donation
While monetary donations are vital for us to provide services to those who are most in need, other types of donations are also important.
- Donate money
- Provide gifts and food for our holiday food baskets and Christmas program
To make a monetary donation, or to donate a car, contact the Development Office at 717-432-2087 ext. 203 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To donate food, please contact your local center.
Planned giving is a method that often enables you to make a gift initially thought to be beyond your means. Depending on your individual circumstances, gift planning may also provide state and federal tax advantages.
Some of the ways you can provide a planned gift are:
- Prepare or update your will and leave a gift in your will to New Hope Ministries.
- Name New Hope Ministries as a beneficiary of your pension plan, IRA, or 401K-retirement plan.
- Name New Hope Ministries as the owner and/or beneficiary of a new or existing life insurance policy.
- Remember loved ones with memorial and tribute gifts to New Hope Ministries.
- Encourage family and friends to leave gifts to New Hope Ministries in their wills.
There are several possible benefits of a planned gift:
- Increases the current income for you or others
- Reduces your income tax
- Helps you avoid capital gains tax
- Passes assets to your family at a reduced tax cost
- Allows you to make significant donations to charity
Jeremiah 29:11 Legacy Society
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
The Jeremiah 29:11 Legacy Society is New Hope’s legacy society comprising of individuals who have created a living legacy by remembering New Hope Ministries with a planned gift. By remembering New Hope in your estate plans today, you are ensuring that our neighbors in need will continue to be able to turn to New Hope for help in the future. Download the commitment form here.
PLEASE NOTE: This information is prepared for the information of friends and donors of New Hope Ministries. Its purpose is to offer helpful tax and financial planning information. Donors should consult with their professional advisor as to the applicability of any ideas to their own situation.
For more information on planned giving, contact Jeanne Troy, Major Gifts Officer, at 717-432-2087 ext. 204 or by email email@example.com.
Sponsor an Event
New Hope Ministries hosts several fundraising events throughout the year and we depend on sponsors to make them successful. You can also support us by volunteering to help organize the event or by participating in it. These events include:
- 17th Annual Golf Tournament – Friday, September 18, 2015 at 12:00 p.m.
- Feed-A-Friend Radio Marathon – December 9-11, 2015
- Walk for Hope – Sunday, April 17, 2016
If you are interested in sponsoring an event, please contact the Development Office at 717-432-2087 ext. 203 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The New Hope Ministries Scholarship Fund helps local disadvantaged youth and adults break the cycle of poverty by helping them get an education in order to become financially self-sufficient.
You can invest in someone’s future by donating to our Scholarship Fund.
For more information or to make a donation, contact the Development Office at 717-432-2087 ext. 203 or by email email@example.com.
We are also a partner agency of the United Way of York County and United Way of the Capital Region, so you can designate New Hope Ministries as the recipient of your contributions through those programs.